Thursday 11 November 2010

McLuhan Tshirt design


The T Shirt design I created influenced by McLuhan and his famous quotation 'the media is the message' changed quite a bit once I started experimenting. The text is not in a straight line as his message is not always clear for people to understand and so I decided to have the words at different angles... As its a T Shirt design I decided visually it needed to be a very simple and recognisable design that was suitable for all ages!

The mosaic theme I mentioned in my last post has been adopted for my characature of McLuhan. McLuhan states that he has no single opinion and does not always agree with everything he says, so I though a 3d cube structure would be more appropriate to represent him. I put his image on each face using black and white photographs which I cut up into a mosaic on each side of the cube so that the image would be difficult to make out. Like trying to understand McLuhan, I have made it difficult to view him in any one direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment