Tuesday 23 March 2010

Technical stuff...

Received some positive feedback last week with regards to my visual studies.. must get to grips with the more technical stuff though, really want to push my artistic abilities to their limits!
Went straight to the library and took out as many books on 3dmax and photoshop/aftereffects as I could get away with...

3dsMax is a BOYs program I've decided. I found the lessons tricky as I didn't know my way around the interface as I'd never used it before in my life! Trust me... theres nothing obvious about polygons and edge faces and every button seems to open a drop down option a mile long. There are no nice coloured icons like in photoshop with its pretty and simple pallets...

I'd compare it to being in the cockpit of an aeroplane with all the controls and dials in your face and being told to take off. Im so busy concentrating on what buttons to press from the instructor that I haven't noticed Im heading in the wrong direction... upside-down!

Looking forward to aftereffects though, haven't used it before but understand it to be similar to photoshop which I love... so hoping if I can get some reading up done and just get familiar with the whole layout prior to getting the hands on it may just give me an advantage!

No comments:

Post a Comment