Wednesday 10 February 2010

Youtube - Michael Wesch, Anthropology

After yesterdays seminar I can confirm that I am a converted fan of youtube!
Prior to watching Michaels film on how culture has been affected by digital media such as youtube I had to admit, I was one of many who previously had only seen the odd video clip 'dog on a scateboard' types and had not been inspired.

I now realise how small minded I had been. I was really touched to see how comunities were created and brought together through individuals from all over the world using these small video clips. Personally i feel much more positive about the human race! How often do you hear good news on TV? rarely... Doing a silly little dance on camera and having people all over the world dance with you. Yes please, keep on youtubing!!!

I intend to make one myself in the near future... watch this space :)
check out http://www.youtube.com/user/mwesch and watch Michael Wesch video to see what I mean!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment